- The key reference is the MDCP book.
- Drossman DA, Chang L, Chey WD, Kellow J, Tack J, Whitehead WE, eds. Rome IV multidimensional clinical profile (MDCP) for functional gastrointestinal disorders. 2nd ed. Raleigh, NC: Rome Foundation, 2016.
- Hungin AP, Mulligan C, Pot B, et al. Systematic review: probiotics in the management of lower gastrointestinal symptoms in clinical practice—an evidence-based international guide. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2013 Oct;38(8):864–886. doi: 10.1111/apt.12460.
- Shepherd SJ, Parker FC, Muir JG, et al. Dietary triggers of abdominal symptoms in patients with IBS: randomized placebo-controlled evidence. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2008;6(7):765–771.
- Spiller R, Aziz Q, Creed F, Emmanuel A, et al. Clinical Services Committee of The British Society of Gastroenterology. Guidelines on the irritable bowel syndrome: mechanisms and practical management. Gut 2007;56(12):1770–1798.
- Staudacher HM, Whelan K, Irving PM, et al. Comparison of symptom response following advice for a diet low in fermentable carbohydrates (FODMAPs) vs. standard dietary advice in patients with IBS. J Hum Nutr Diet 2011;25(5):487–495.
You must be logged in with a subscription to access this page. Click here to login.