Communication 101.5: Tips and Techniques to Address Challenging Interactions in Clinical Practice
Communication 101.5 is a unique video learning tool for clinicians that explains how to address challenging situations when seeing patients with Disorders of Gut-Brain Interaction (DGBI). During a clinic visit, clinicians may be faced with difficult issues to address that may be confusing or even confrontational. The clinician must navigate the interview in a fashion that leads to resolving the underlying problems, improving patient and doctor satisfaction, and arriving at a mutually agreed-upon plan of care. Through this video learning series, Communication 101.5, clinicians can watch as a leading expert in the field offers methods to address these interaction difficulties in a fashion that leads to consensus and resolution.
After reviewing this program, you will be able to:
- Understand complex underlying interpersonal dynamics leading to confrontative encounters
- Understand the patient’s perspective
- Learn how to offer empathy, negotiate and set boundaries to achieve the intended results
- Apply methods to address both patient and doctor concerns
- Maximize the likelihood of establishing patient and doctor satisfaction and a mutually agreed plan of care
- Help the patient leave the office trusting and satisfied with the plan of care
This video program provides 4-8 minute videos that encapsulate the clinical challenges and their resolution. Included are eight seemingly complex interviews occurring during a clinic visit. The doctor uses specific methods and techniques to resolve the obstacles, improve the patient-doctor interaction and result in a mutually agreed-upon care plan. Each video demonstration also provides a time-coded point-by-point description of the dialogue, giving the interpretation of the underlying issues and interview techniques that allow the doctor to negotiate through the sequence of events.
We hope that this program is enjoyable, informative and most important will help you in your clinical practice.
This subscription will auto-renew annually.